Entrepreneurial and creative society
My idea for Canada to create a program called WisePeers. The idea to create a social media crowd sourcing platform that allows peers with diverse background and located in different part of Canada and then in the world to connect positively. The connection will result in either improving an existing skill or brainstorming to resolve a problem facing one of the peers. It is an interdisciplinary online mentoring tool that helps different type of peers to interact and help each other in a chosen field. Canada will help make the world light wisdom one Wise Peer at a time in different categories mainly social entrepreneurship.
Canada will be the leader in creating the most positive social media site in the world that will light wisdom. Phase 1 of the project will be focused in Canada and different provinces and once results shows success we can move to Phase 2 and open it up globally.
WisePeers will let users choose a skill to be worked on from a predefined list created from the following common mentoring categories:
1) Youth related issues at school such as: lack of motivation to study, bullying, obesity, drug use, depression, lying,cheating, or expressing anger.
2) Career Development issues within private and public sector organizations such as: leadership, project management,career building, or learn new skill. mentor refugees to take the next step.
3) Entrepreneurship issues such as: risk taking, business planning, financial help, marketing, organization structure, or legal help.
Canada WisePeers innovation advantages:
- Can help information exchange and experience transfer.
- WisePeers can run on a larger scale than face to face mentoring interactions.
- Wise Peers can be assigned on an ad hoc basis without a centralized program.
- Allows peers to collaborate, reflect and connect as they are in one place which reduces the feelings of isolation.
- Ability to think through wisdom thoughts and questions prior to responding.
- WisePeers will offer global awarding ranks for both peers that they can build on to improve and become a wiser person in this world. It also provides a record of interactions. These ranks and records can used to build trust and recorded personal accomplishments. The ranking will be helping to define a realistic score for most influencing people in the world.
- WisePeers can make it easier for a peer to seek out more experiences peers based on complementary or similar skills and interests rather than superficial characteristics.
- Not constrained by geography and have huge potential to integrate all over the world.
- WisePeers can be advantageous for women and persons with disabilities due to a reduced emphasis on status,geographic location and demographics.
I own the rights for the name wisepeers.com and I have a complete design for the program that is not public yet and willing to share and take part in it.
Worker Cooperatives are democratically-run enterprises which have been proven through many studies to be more sustainable than traditional, capitalist-owner enterprises.
Because the people who own the business are those that work in the business, they have several advantages to capitalist, top-down enterprises:
- More likely to keep work in the community where the business is based (and not offshore jobs), as the owners have a direct interest in the community (as they live there)
- A fair and equitable distribution of profit, therefore enriching local communities instead of shareholders
- As every worker is also an owner, this brings true democracy and democratic values to the workplace, where adults spend most of their lives.
Cooperatives should be the new standard in business organization. Let's have Canada lead the way!