Entrepreneurial and creative society
When government departments announce events, initiatives, grants, programs, etc they should submit information into a central database, tagged with user selection filters (eg Heritage,Arts,Science,Aboriginal,Digital,Ontario etc), and dated. Allow Canadians to register and select the tags of interest such that new information is automatically pushed or emailed to interested parties. This way Canadians are proactively informed of news relevant to their needs, instead of finding out by accident, or never, as is most often the case. Searching through myriad government documents scattered over diverse platforms isn't practical. Think Google Alerts system for the Canadian government. Keep us informed EASILY.
My idea for Canada to create a program called WisePeers. The idea to create a social media crowd sourcing platform that allows peers with diverse background and located in different part of Canada and then in the world to connect positively. The connection will result in either improving an existing skill or brainstorming to resolve a problem facing one of the peers. It is an interdisciplinary online mentoring tool that helps different type of peers to interact and help each other in a chosen field. Canada will help make the world light wisdom one Wise Peer at a time in different categories mainly social entrepreneurship.
Canada will be the leader in creating the most positive social media site in the world that will light wisdom. Phase 1 of the project will be focused in Canada and different provinces and once results shows success we can move to Phase 2 and open it up globally.
WisePeers will let users choose a skill to be worked on from a predefined list created from the following common mentoring categories:
1) Youth related issues at school such as: lack of motivation to study, bullying, obesity, drug use, depression, lying,cheating, or expressing anger.
2) Career Development issues within private and public sector organizations such as: leadership, project management,career building, or learn new skill. mentor refugees to take the next step.
3) Entrepreneurship issues such as: risk taking, business planning, financial help, marketing, organization structure, or legal help.
Canada WisePeers innovation advantages:
- Can help information exchange and experience transfer.
- WisePeers can run on a larger scale than face to face mentoring interactions.
- Wise Peers can be assigned on an ad hoc basis without a centralized program.
- Allows peers to collaborate, reflect and connect as they are in one place which reduces the feelings of isolation.
- Ability to think through wisdom thoughts and questions prior to responding.
- WisePeers will offer global awarding ranks for both peers that they can build on to improve and become a wiser person in this world. It also provides a record of interactions. These ranks and records can used to build trust and recorded personal accomplishments. The ranking will be helping to define a realistic score for most influencing people in the world.
- WisePeers can make it easier for a peer to seek out more experiences peers based on complementary or similar skills and interests rather than superficial characteristics.
- Not constrained by geography and have huge potential to integrate all over the world.
- WisePeers can be advantageous for women and persons with disabilities due to a reduced emphasis on status,geographic location and demographics.
I own the rights for the name wisepeers.com and I have a complete design for the program that is not public yet and willing to share and take part in it.